Monday, February 3, 2014

Aurifil Block of The Month

This Months Aurifil Block of the month  comes from Amy Gibson from Stitchery Dickory Dock.
At first I wasn't so sure about this one, but now that it's together I LOVE it! I wanted to keep with the tone of my first block so I really tore up the sewing room to find some prints that all flowed with this block. The hardest part of of a BOM is not quite knowing what you will want to do with it. For the half square triangles I wanted to be sure to use 8 different fabrics because I knew they would be duplicated at least once. I didn't want to overpower it with one specific color. 
I think I did a pretty good job with the color choices. The top spools block goes pretty well with the triangle block! 
I can't wait to see what the next one is but I need to pack this one away in it's box until March to find out. 
In the meantime I hope to finish Pat Slones BOM this week as well, but it is a short month so we shall see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment